Ya' don't say?

On the recommendation of my dear friend Kathleen (hereafter referred to as "Kat"), I will post on "words and phrases that would be fun to say all day". I'll begin with her suggestions, and maybe you will add a few too......

"I'll tell you one thing..."
"Like I always say...."
"I wouldn't eat/say/do that if I were you..."

and now my additions...

"whodunit?" (at every opportunity - sometimes just as an exclamation)

"pea-sized brain" (this is always funny, especially when speaking of animals)

"Well, frankly...." (to begin a sentence that answers ANY question)

"I'm an ordinary woman, with feelings!" (can be sung like Carol Burnett in "Annie")

"Have you no SANITY?"

"Surely you jest."

"It hurts me to say this...." (always appropriate when answering a question with "no")

"Ya' don't say!"

"Morbidly obese" (I'm not sure how, but work it into conversation - it's fun to say)

"There comes a time in every man/woman/boy/girl 's life...."

"Speaking of ____ , ..." (insert any word and begin speaking on a topic of your choice.)

"Hang on. I think better lying down" (use anytime someone else begins speaking)



It hurts me to say this, but, repeating anything all day would be fun simply because it would annoy everyone else.

13 comments

  1. I often enjoy a "not many people know this, but...." followed by something obviously way off.

    For instance:

    "Hey its raining."

    "You know, not many people know this, but the native american word for rain literally means 'tall man pissing'."

    Usually good for at least an awkward silence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to say "oh conTRARE!" as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to say " Hot Diggity Dog" and " DUH".... and also.. Easy does it Frank ( or insert any name you want)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think "Easy does it Frank" is good no matter what the person's name is.

    Tall man pissing. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found out I like to say Jose. It's a great name. Maybe if I ever have another child---I will name him Jose. Come on say it with me---JOSE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like this one:

    "with all due respect,..."

    then, i usually say something incredibly disrespectful. i've already covered my butt. see?

    so, i'll say something like, "will all due respect, Scott, you are a jack ass."

    all day, i could say stuff like that, all day!

    i learned this trick from my backyard neighbor in kansas city. his name was mark. once he said something like, "now, i'm not a racist or anything, but ...." then he said something absolutely awful. like he's off the record.

    crazy.
    now i know to hold on to my chair when someone says, "now i'm not a racist" -- you can be guaranteed that this man speaking to you IS IN FACT A RACIST. everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about, "To be prefectly honest"? Does that mean the only time you are is when you announce it?

    A nice variation on that is, "May I be frank with you?" There's that guy again. Actually, I rather enjoy being both Frank and Ernest, though I'm not sure what Ernest thinks about this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peepee, you are making a direct parallel to when Simon Cowell always says "I'm not being rude but..."

    He's ALWAYS rude after that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm somewhat fond of saying, "I'm somewhat fond of ____."

    I'm also somewhat fond of saying, "It's raining cats and dogs and there are poodles in the road."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another is "This intrigues me; tell me more..."

    by the way...

    Who is dees "E. Pluribus Poobah"?
    This intrigues me; tell me more. Are you Frank, Ernest, or Jose?

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Now, don't get me wrong..."

    That's anotha from a sista
    from anotha mista.

    Thanks Truff, for all the smiles tonight. I needed them!

    Tamar

    ReplyDelete