Oh my stars!


My 6-year old, Simeon, spends a lot of his "free time" (read: time) playing with legos while listening to "Hank the Cowdog". (if you've never heard these books-on-tape, or read one of the books by John R. Erickson, you're missing some excellent entertainment indeed.)

At first I wondered if he was actually hearing any of the audiobook. My question has been answered by these quotes from Hank that Simeon uses in everyday life....


"Oh my stars!" - used as an exclamation for just about everything

"Where is the ____ I so richly deserve?" - "dessert" is often the inserted word, though can be
used to "ask" for a number of things

"It's me. Hank the Cowdog. Head of Ranch Security." not by way of introduction, but just as a comment

"There's been a murder on the ranch!"

"You stole my bacon, Hankie" (Pete the barncat says this)

"Turn that disrespectful thing off!"

"The moon, made of chopped chicken-liver" (an odd, incomplete sentence that brings a smile to his little face)

Check out some Hank paperbacks or audiobooks (read hilariously by the author and original songs are included!) from your local library and enjoy some free chuckles - it's good for you!

1 comment

  1. My grandmother always said "oh my stars, eleven mercies" anyone know what that means? of course she could have been saying 'heaven's mercies' I'm not sure, I was young... but still the question stands.

    ReplyDelete